Look Out World, Here They Come!

My Beloved and I became grandparents of twins today! Alexander Samuel and Zachary Robert and their mommy and daddy are all doing well. The twin’s grandparent’s are thrilled, ecstatic, and proud of all four members of the new family.

This post is rated PG,

Proud Grandpa

This entry was posted in Abundance, Children, Family, Grandparenting & Grandkids, Miracles, Parenting and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Look Out World, Here They Come!

1. Kristi says:

Congrats Proud Grandpa! 🙂

WOOHOO!!! Congratulations and welcome to your new wonders!!!

• Anonymous says:

Thank you, Mimi! Life as my son and DIL have known it has changed FOREVER! We’ve already confirmed round trip tickets for two separate tips to visit them in Illinois.

Love is NEVER redundant, my friend, always additive–or as we say in the investing world, accretive. I’m getting a great Return On Investment from my kids with the grandchildren they are producing. It’s another wonderful example of how it pays to be a long-term investor! ;-D!

• billgncs says:

compound interest, compound joy 🙂

• Anonymous says:

True, and compound lack of sleep for the parents. I figure the next good night sleep they’ll get will be in about 3 years! At least they’ll have some idea as to what we went through with them.

The cavalry is on the way. I think that for virtually all of the next two months there will be at least one additional family member staying with them at all times. That would be a recipe for disaster for some families, but it’s a recipe for success in this situation. Both sets of the families get along amazingly well. In fact, if my DIL’s parents were our neighbors, I have no doubt we’d be best friends. We enjoy them that much.

The “kids” love the idea of having that much help. They have a pretty good idea of what they are in for, and welcome the help. We’ll make darn sure they get plenty of private time and sleep–even if they have to go to a hotel to get it.

Of course, it will be a terrible hardship for us to be able to spend so much time with our new grandchildren. It’s a tough job, but someone’s got to do it. ;-D!

3. I am so happy for you and your wife and of course ‘Mommy and Daddy’… two precious bundles of joy… Diane

4. Congratulations on your bundles of happiness and joy!

5. Congrats to you and the parents!

6. Congratulations to you all!!! I understand privacy in such a public venue as blogging, but aren’t grandparents entitled to show off pictures? (Hint). Blessings! Diane

• Anonymous says:

LOL! Trust me, they’re coming, my friend! I figure we’ll let the parents have a day to rest and deal with their new realities, then I’ll barrage them with requests for photos. ;-D!
      I’ve only seen one photo of one of them, so far. That will not do. I know there are two.

I just had an interesting thought:

The first 4 letters of the word “Twinkle” is “Twin” and twinkle is what stars do…

7. Angie says:

Congratulations!!!

8. bulldog says:

Congratulations… a very proud moment in ones life… without the thought of sleepless nights… glad all doing well, enjoy the extension to the family…

• Anonymous says:

Thank you bulldog. Yes. I agree; enjoying the grandchildren without having to endure many sleepless nights is a very big perk to being a grandparent!

9. strokedtolife says:

How wonderfully thrilling!! Congratulations to you and yor family!

10. this response is rated X….X-cellent!!

11. May you enjoy every precious moment times 2! xo