1384252_10151902357631007_1699002092_n (2)

My oldest grandson Thomas and an orangutan shared a fist bump at the St. Louis Zoo earlier this week. My son Ben snapped the shot during our visit to my twin grandsons and their parents this week.

The size of the orangutan didn’t intimidate Thomas at all. He’d have climbed in to play with the large hairy orange creature if the glass hadn’t kept him out.

Last night we gave Brian and Kristi (the parents of the twins) their first overnight away from the twins since they were born. They badly needed it and last night was a good example as to why. One of the twins (Alexander) kept me up until 3:45am and the other (Zachary) woke up very early.

Alexander was very happy just to stay wide-eyed nearly all night. Even with three of us (my oldest son, his wife Erika, and me) to handle 3 young children, we’re all exhausted after just one night.

They ganged up on us! ;-D!

Link | This entry was posted in Abundance, Animals, Children, Connection/Connecting, Family, Family "Fun", Humor, Love, Making Memories and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Connection

1. You’re awesome grandparents and I LOVE the fist bump photo!

2. Joan says:

Precious!

What an awesome picture…and the twins? They just really wanted to get to know you!

Thank you, Mimi. It is true that the twins are getting a LOT of time getting to know grandpa, and vice versa. Babies seem to mark their territories by vomiting and I must be popular because I’ve been marked a lot! ;-D!

4. willowdot21 says:

Children and animals know what is real!

5. Mrs. P says:

You get the awesome grandpa award!

6. That picture is worth a ‘Kodak’ moment … if you remember that saying… I applaud your efforts in looking after the little ones… Diane

Thank you, Diane. It brings back a lot of memories of sleep deprivation and plenty of sweet moments.

Parenting is best left to the young’uns, though grandparenting is a lot of fun.

I shall comment while you are still sleeping hopefully, tired from the night before. Now you know that the saying ” he is sleeping like a baby” is completely wrong. Being a prent and that twice at the same time is hard. You are great to give the parents a night for themselves as they truly deserve it. Love the monkey picture, children are wonderful. … Grandparents too!