Another Surprise Christmas Gift: The Newspaper Article

My Interview with the Campbell Press article

As I rearranged our over-stuffed recycle bin the day after Christmas I noticed a copy of our local newspaper. In the holiday rush and with all the family we’d hosted it had been thrown into the recycle bin unread. The paper had been rained on and wrinkled, and was dated December 25, 2015. I was about to toss it aside when I noticed this blurb on the front page: “Campbell author has churned out a dozen children’s books.” It reminded me of an interview I’d had with a reporter of the publication about a month ago. The link is to a copy of the full article.

This entry was posted in Book Events and Interviews and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Another Surprise Christmas Gift: The Newspaper Article

1. Congrats on the interview Russ! I just read it and it was a great read!

Thank you! I’d almost forgotten about the interview, and if I hadn’t accidentally found the blurb on the front page I wouldn’t have known it had even been published, and probably would never have seen a copy of it.

2. Val Boyko says:

What a lovely surprise Russ!

3. quiall says:

Good article! Definitely a keeper.

4. Annika Perry says:

This is a great interview and article – you must be pleased and to think you were throwing it out with the rubbish! Thanks for posting the link and I enjoyed reading this.

Thank you for your kind comment and feedback, Annika. Yes, although it didn’t initially feel like it at the time it was lucky indeed that I had to deal with an over-stuffed recycle bin!

5. Annette Rochelle Aben says:

Good deal! Keep finding those creative bones and penning MORE books!

6. Well done my man, well done

7. Congratulations! I’m glad you ‘caught’ it Russ!!! 🙂

8. Mrs. P says:

Wow! Great article! Close call on almost missing it. The children of the world must have been screaming, “Don’t throw it away! Look inside!” I’m sure of it…and it was published on Christmas day! How cool is that?

9. ksbeth says:

it was a wonderful interview, russ and isn’t it funny how life sometimes drops something right before our eyes that we so easily could have missed?

10. What a wonderful article about you, Russ. And to think that you almost missed it! I wish you and yours a happy, healthy, prosperous 2016!

11. Russ! You almost missed your own article! I’m so glad you found it and shared with us. Little did they know at the paper that they’d have their own local Santa on the front page Christmas Day. It was a lovely read.