Another Children’s Rhyming Poem

Of a Tickletoe Tree

I thought how funny

The world would be

If we saw with our ears

Tasted with toes

Smelled with our eyes

And touched with our nose

If chairs sat on people

Would fish have feet

And where would we be?

All day in the shade

Of a Tickletoe Tree

I think how funny

The world would be

This entry was posted in Children's Stories/Poems I Wrote, Fun, Humor, Poetry, Poetry I Wrote, Rhyming and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Another Children’s Rhyming Poem

1. quiall says:

That was wonderful! I love a little whimsy!

2. This poem has tickled my fancy. ❤ ❤ ❤

3. Ann Koplow says:

I love it here in the shade. Thanks, Russ.

4. russtowne says:

Thank you, Ann. Perhaps some day you’ll have time to stay and slurp some Burzleberry Tea with me. Slurping it is considered the correct way to drink it, and it is never sipped. Burzleberry Tea tastes especially good in the shade of Tickletoe Trees. I learned those important facts and so much more from Clyde.

5. ksbeth says:

fantastical. it never hurts to tickle your fancy.

6. A little topsy turvy childhood twist would be fun!!! 🙂

7. Mustang.Koji says:

What a splendid kid’s poem. I can hear the class giggling while they listen!

Thank you for your kind comment, Koji. I’d love to hear of my work being read to classes. I know that one or more of my Clyde & I series of children’s books have been read to students in the UK. I’m always delighted to hear such things.

Lovely poem and so easy to read aloud! Russ, you are at your best again!

9. Adorable! I’d love to see this one illustrated!