The Dreaded Couch

Book Heart Sketch Couch

An excerpt and sketch from my book, “From the Heart of a Grateful Man” which is scheduled for release next month.

The Dreaded Couch

My Beloved and I made an agreement many years ago:

When we get into disagreements, whoever is the angry party and doesn’t want to sleep in the same bed with their spouse is the one who sleeps on the couch.

That has saved me a LOT of couch time! (Which is a good thing because I’m about 2 feet too long for the couch!)

It has also been an excellent motivator to help us to more quickly work through our disagreements!

This entry was posted in Humor, Marriage, Non-Fiction Writing I've Done, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to The Dreaded Couch

What a great idea… and your couch is definitley too short…. 🙂

LOL! That’s because our “couch”, is really a “love seat” (two cushions wide) rather than a couch (three cushions wide). We had a couch, but My Beloved’s dog Sadie ate it. I plan to write a post about it soon.

2. That is an excellent idea! 🙂

🙂 I’m so excited for you – the book will be awesome. Did you do that sketch Russ?

Thank you, Mimi. I’m glad you asked about the sketch. The same illustrator who did the wonderful full-color illustrations for my children’s books did the sketches for my two non-fiction books. His name is Josh McGill. I was blessed the day I found him via a Craig’s List ad.

• Mrs. P says:

Really…found him in an ad via Craig’s List? I never would have thought to look there!

I didn’t know any better so gave it a shot. There are probably much more targeted places to advertise for same, but I’m new at this and just tried the first thing that came to mind. Amazingly, the ad was free, so I even lucked out that way!

4. Mustang.Koji says:

How about a taste of your book? Is it a compilation of short stories or advice on life? Or one story?

Hi, Koji. It is always good to hear from you. Actually, some of the posts that you see in this blog are found in one or the other of my latest two books–such as “The Dreaded Couch” and “War of Wills”, so readers of this blog are getting a taste of the flavor of the books. The books are both a compilation of true humorous and/or short stories, and some observations about many aspects of life (“Refllections”), and relationships/family/marriage/parenting/friendships (“Heart”). Even some related poetry. Plus sketches such you see in this post.

5. A lounge that short would be annoying.

6. Mrs. P says: