Ending the Cycle of Suffering

Some time ago I read a saying that I would have at one time agreed with and found humorous, but now just saddens me:

“KARMA: No need for revenge. Just sit back and wait. Those who hurt you will eventually screw up themselves and if you’re lucky God and/or Goddess will let you watch.”

I believe that those who hurt me or others are already suffering.

May their suffering soon end, and may I be an instrument to that end.

May I forgive them for their sake and mine.

May I hope that they be enlightened rather than punished.

For I believe that until their suffering ends, it is unlikely that they will stop hurting themselves and others.

May I be wise and loving enough to do my part to help end the cycle of suffering.

This entry was posted in Choices, Compassion, Forgiveness, My Beliefs, Suffering and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Ending the Cycle of Suffering

1. strokedtolife says:

Very wise and enlightening my friend.

2. Mrs. P says:

Beautifully said!

3. Ok I came from reading a post about not forgiving people to reading this now I am confused should I forgive or not…………lol

4. bulldog says:

Yep that is quite a profound statement/wish you make there, Russ… if we could all be the end of the cycle it would be such a better world…

5. Cathy Ulrich says:

I agree wholeheartedly, Russ!
    Cathy

6. Kristi says:

very wise words and I agree. thanks for this.

7. There is certainly enough ‘hate’ in the world…. no need to wish ill will on others.. Diane… btw got the books…thank you !..

8. Here Here ~ Great post Russ! I HEARTily agree! ♥

9. BeWithUs says:

This lovely thought, my friend…would be one big lovely karma…Cheers!! 😀