Failure and Well-Lived Lives

I believe the failures never stop for lives well-lived. Failing mightily is part of the package when one attempts to do mighty things. It is what a person does and keeps doing after they fail again and again, and who they blame each time, that shows the mettle of a person. While their hearts still beat there is no final finish line for those who refuse to give up,  to relinquish their unrealized dreams, and who view each moment and each new dawn as an opportunity to begin again.

This entry was posted in Failure, My Beliefs, Random Thoughts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Failure and Well-Lived Lives

1. ❤ ❤ ❤ You must fail first, to learn, but also not fail the same way as the last time. This is progress.

2. billgncs says:

I think that as we age Russ, failures become more dangerous, for we have little time to set them right, and this is especially important with those we love.

Excellent points, Bill. Financial failures late in life can have much larger negative impact than early ones, and failures regarding relationships can have devastating consequences.

• billgncs says:

failure is for the young who have time on their side. When we fail as we are older, we need to quickly admit it and make amends.

I agree there are some areas where that is especially true, (I mentioned two above) but in other areas, such as science and creativity, I believe in the power of failure to learn and to grow. Knowing that not everything I attempt will be a success adds spice to the adventure of my life, helps me to savor and appreciate my successes all the more, and to better put them into perspective.

3. I don’t attempt anything so I never fail. It’s my personal dilemma.

4. I think so many people are afraid to fail nowadays, children are often led to believe failing is a super bad things and not just part of life

Interesting point, Joanne. I think it’s important to make a distinction between failure due to lack of effort and failure despite putting in extra effort.

5. For sure it is our failures that we achieve our greatest strengths… and I speak only for me, but those failures and challenges brought me to where I am today…. and I wouldn’t be anywhere else…. Diane

6. ksbeth says:

very true and very inspirational.