Light and Shadows

I believe that kindness is growing faster than hatred, as evidenced by so many examples others doing, sharing news of, and being inspired by kindness.

Hatred is gradually being driven to ever-diminishing shadows as the light of love grows brighter.

This entry was posted in Kindness, Loss, My Beliefs, Observations, Optimism, Success, Writing and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Light and Shadows

1. Ann Koplow says:

I agree, Russ. Thanks so much for this post.

2. Cathy Ulrich says:

I choose to believe this, too, Russ. It’s one of the many reasons that I don’t watch the news on T.V.!

3. I really do pray you’re right.

4. I truly hope you are right, Russ. I see some of it too. I hope it’s not just hope.

5. websterweb says:

i would like to choose to believe this. It’s an empirical question. Steven Pinker marshalls good evidence that there are fewer war deaths now than almost ever.
    Twist is that one big conflagration changes all those numbers; and we’ll be pretty darn dead. And global climate change increases the likelihood of war (number of papers on that).
    so, my question for myself, as much as for yall, is what is my contribution to lasting peace in a world on the edge of war? Is it simply internal work? or is it, viz Joanna Macy, public action grounded in internal work? Thoughts?

I believe that we increase humanity’s chances for survival by being kind. When I’m kind, I feel good, the person I’m kind to feels good, and those witnessing the kindness feel good. I don’t see a down-side to making the effort. Even if I turn out to be wrong in the long-run, the world will have been made better by acts of kindness in the meantime.

I am with you there!

7. What a wonderful visit for me to discover here at your always-inspirational blog, my friend, here on my few moments while everyone still sleeps before returning to the kitchen to continue cooking with love. This post, your wise words, are the perfect concept to salute, celebrate, and contemplate – today especially. God bless you Russ! Merry Christmas. Gina

I’m reading your kind comment on Christmas Day and it evokes all of my favorite feelings of the holiday. Thank you for the light and warmth you bring to my life all year, my friend!
      May your heart and those of your loved ones be filled with joy throughout the holidays and new year. Merry Christmas!