Daisy Duke and Sean Connery Aren’t Welcome at Our House

My Chocolate Lab is named “Duke”, which is short for “Duke of Cadbury” (I was being kind of silly when I named him but that is his name on his official registration papers or whatever they call them). He’s plain old Duke to me.

About 3-1/2 years after Duke joined our family, My Beloved adopted Duke’s half sister, a beautiful black lab pup she named Sadie. I would have preferred that she name her dog “Daisy” but for some reason she was not interested in having dogs that when she called them sounded like:

“Daisy Duke! Here Daisy Duke!”

I wasn’t a fan of the Dukes of Hazzard TV show, but I hear that the character named Daisy Duke had a LOT of male admirers…

OK, OK, I admit that I’ve seen what Daisy Duke looked like. Probably every man in America has, and most of the women too. I know for sure that at least ONE woman knows what she looked like, and that was good enough for her to avoid naming her dog Daisy.

Sometimes My Beloved just has no imagination! What a spoilsport! ;-D

Then again, knowing how much she drools when she sees Sean Connery in a movie, if My Beloved had a dog named Sean, I probably wouldn’t name my dog Connery, no matter how much My Beloved begged me…

This entry was posted in Dogs & Other Wonderful Creatures, Humor, Non-fiction Stories I've Written, Non-Fiction Writing I've Done and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Daisy Duke and Sean Connery Aren’t Welcome at Our House

1. Those good ole boys were also eye candy if I remember correctly!

2. Mrs. P says:

Sean Connery! Tell your beloved she has good taste in men…don’t forget to include yourself in that comment! 🙂

What funny conclusions, I do understand your beloved. Sean Connery is a sight even at his age! he has never lost his sex appeal….. hmmmmm.. no I am not drooling, my heart throb is George Clooney! 🙂
    Incidently have you ever read Ephraim Kishon? He wrote lots of short stories, funny and others. he always called his wife,” the best of all, The best of all housewifes” etc, and things like that. You remind me a little of him. I used to read him as a teenager and loved it.

4. Ann Koplow says:

Thanks for this post, your gratitude, your humor, and your love.

5. Patty B says:

We almost named our two doxies James and Harrison – you can tell where my DH’s heart was – with the Steelers. Instead we have Harrison (who loves football by the way) and Silverback or Silver for short – which is James Harrisons trademark name. We decided on Silver since he is a Silver Dapple. I never had to worry about my man’s eyes wondering to another female, but be it a Steeler especially the Steel Curtain, well, off bets are off and I was second fiddle!! LOL

LOL! You must have just LOVED it during football season! ;-D!

• Patty B says:

oh yea! That is how I developed my interest in sewing – he would encourage me in crafts so I would have something to do. It worked out great. Now I sort of miss the football games, but I am not ready to have the tv on with them playing just to have the noise.

That makes sense to me. A minimum of 3 hours of free time for you almost every Sunday during the season.

• Patty B says:

The only problem is that football and baseball season only last so long…so in between seasons poor DH had nothing to do…well he claimed he didn’t…after all I kept a long honey do list for him, so don’t know why he was bored!! 😉

LOL! Your reference to a honey do list reminded me of a rule we have in our house: You can tell me what you’d like done, or you can tell me how to do it, but NOT both!