Family Updates

The trip to visit my new twin grandsons and their parents in Illinois was delightful. Everyone there is healthy. I look forward to going again shortly (this time with my other son Ben, his wife Erika, and our first grandson Thomas.) My Beloved will be back in the classroom teaching a Special Ed K-1 class then and won’t be able to join us.

Alexander on left, Zachary on right Aug 10 '13 photo 1

NEw dad with baby Alexander with pets keeping watch photo 3While we were gone, my mother had a couple of mini strokes. One completely took away her sight, but thankfully the blindness proved temporary. She is recovering well. We’ll be traveling to her tomorrow.

Also while we were in Illinois, my FIL had brain surgery. The many falls he’s had took their toll and pools of blood had formed in his skull. He too is recovering well, and we’ve been visiting him daily while in town.

So now you know why I haven’t been blogging very much lately, and that is likely to continue for a while longer.

I’m grateful for the many blessings in my life.

This entry was posted in Abundance, Blessings, Family, Grandparenting & Grandkids, Gratitude, Illness, Photos That Touched Me and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Family Updates

Your new grandsons are magnificent…and my thoughts are with you, your mom and your FIL with hope and prayers that they recover quickly..

2. So beautiful ( the twins) and wishing your mom a speedy recovery. God Bless you and yours. πŸ™‚

3. melodylowes says:

Love those twins!! πŸ™‚

4. Wow – a lot of things going on with your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you..

5. I can certainly understand and hope your mother and FIL recover completely. I have not been able either to blog much for familial matters and I guess motivation as well… I guess it happens to many… take care .. Diane

6. What beautiful babies, Russ! I can see why you’re enamoured–I wouldn’t be able to stop kissing them. πŸ™‚ so sorry to hear about your mom and FIL-will keep a good thought for all…hugs, l

7. willowdot21 says:

I pray that you all are getting better and stronger!!

8. Woo they look so bloody cute……………..hope your FIL continues to improve it must had been scary for him and those who love and care about him

9. lbtk says:

Congratulations! They are a blessing and beautiful. Sandy

10. Angie says:

Your grandsons are beautiful!! I hope your mother has a fast recovery!

11. Kristi says:

The twins are so cute. The second photo sure brings memories back from when mine were tiny babies….time flies in good company. πŸ™‚

Lots of different things going on in your family, my thoughts are with you. The twins are sweet. Hope on the good recovery of your other family members!