Project Updates

I plan to use a Kickstarter crowd-sourcing campaign to help create and launch my first two or three children’s books. In that way I can give my friends, loved ones, and perhaps total strangers from around the world the opportunity to play a critical role in making these creations available to show youngsters how much fun reading and learning can be.

At this point, my plans include that those who participate will have opportunities to receive first-edition autographed copies of the book with a personal note from me, the chance to donate some of the books to a library of their choice, and for some, a personalized short poem about someone they love (possibly involving a character in one of the books), and/or perhaps one or more of the illustrations from the book signed by the illustrator and printed on high-quality (acid-free?) paper.

That way, the whole community can participate in, and be rewarded by the creation, of the books.

More details soon!

Love,

This entry was posted in Abundance, Project Updates for Children's Stories/Poems I Wrote and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Project Updates

What a terrific idea Russ!!

That sounds great !

3. Sounds like a bloody great idea

4. Cathy Ulrich says:

Cool, Russ! Sounds like a great way to get your books in the hands of kids!

5. bulldog says:

Great idea Russ… getting them out there and in the hands of kids… away from cell phones, iPads etc…

Thank you, bulldog. They’re for kids and their parents and grandparents. These are bedtime-level reading books, so they are for younger kids, probably mostly for 2-5 year olds would be my guess. I tried to make them extra fun for parents and grandparents to read to the little ones, as I recall that some books I read to my kids were so boring to me that I had a hard time staying awake as I read them after a long hard day at work.

6. Sounds like a great plan, Russ, infused with the same generosity, warmth and love that you bring to every encounter! So excited for you….

7. willowdot21 says: