An Apology & A Thank You

As the number of readers and followers has grown, my turnaround time has been stretched beyond what is expected or even reasonable. I apologize. You all deserve better than I am able to give.

I could either keep trying to keep everyone happy by attempting to keep up with every contact–and failing miserably, and more miserably every week–or I could try a different approach. I’ve decided to do the latter. So I plan to focus more of my time on my most loyal readers, and then when time is available to sporadically connect with as many others as I can.

I wish I could be completely responsive to everyone, but I’ve found that is impossible with my other responsibilities and activities. I am still trying to respond to everyone who leaves a comment though.

I also plan to continue attempting to create and share quality of content that will hopefully be reason enough for reading and following this blog even when/if I’m unable to recipricate anywhere near equally in the number of views/likes, comments, etc.

A HUGE thank you to those who have noticed the slippage and the increasing length of time between my visits to your site, and who still choose to frequently visit mine anyway. Thank you for hanging in there with me even when it is way too long between my visits to your site. I’ve noticed, and deeply appreciate your patience and support. I hope to do better for my most loyal readers, even if I’m unable to do so for everyone.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding!

I'm awed by the beauty of nature and the power of love and gratitude. Some of my favorite sensory experiences include waves crashing on rocky shores, waterways in ancient redwood and fern-filled forests, and rain. My wife and I have been married since 1979. We have 3 adult children and 5 grandchildren. I manage a wealth management firm that I founded in 2003. My Beloved is a Special Education teacher for Kindergartners and First Graders. I'm a published author of approximately 60 books in a variety of genres for grownups and children.
This entry was posted in Abundance, Acceptance, Gratitude and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to An Apology & A Thank You

1. I love your page Russ :-), and I will continue to visit it – there are no conditions 🙂

2. billgncs says:

happens at about 200 — one starts thinking — holy cow. How can I do this.

Thank you, Bill. How do you do it?

• billgncs says:

well, I unfollowed the ones who attack religion and the more acerbic — and most don’t post that often, but I really follow a handful of people closely, and drop in sometimes on the others.

Thank you for your feedback, Bill. I’ve been blessed with readers who don’t attack religion and who aren’t acerbic on my blog. Maybe the people who would do such things aren’t at all fond of my content. I’ve only felt the need to inform one reader that I felt their comment was out of line–even then, it may have been an attempt at humor that failed (and I believe that no harm or insult was intended)–and they graciously chose a different communication approach after that.

You have such a great blog that I suspect that either you have so many more readers than I that the number of incidents is greater on your site by virtue of sheer volume of readers, or that any readers who might have been inclined to cross the line on my blog may have already learned a lesson and chosen not to do so on mine after they saw how you handled the situation on yours.

• billgncs says:

I think your little house on the internet has just the right amount of magic.

I consider that a great compliment all by itself, and even more so since it is coming from you, Bill.

Thank you.

P.S. My first thought when I read your comment was a visualization–probably planted in my brain by a reader earlier today mentioning a scene with the same character–of the Disney cartoon where Mickey Mouse is an apprentice magician (or Merlin?) and he’s conjured up so much magic that it’s spraying out the windows and chimneys and lighting up the night. And my second thought is that I need a bigger house and house keepers to help handle the terrific flow of fabulous guests to my humble internet home.

3. Elyse says:

I feel just that way Russ. I can’t keep up.

4. It is difficult sometimes to keep up…but we can only do what we can….Diane

5. camsgranny says:

Ditto what istop said! I just love to visit your page, but there is no obligation to visit mine. Sometimes you inspire me with your posts and I have re-posted a few of them. Hey Russ, just keep on keepin on! Cheers! Camsgranny!

6. jiltaroo says:

No need Russ. When you are as popular as you are, it must be hard! Family and real life commitments have to come first. We all understand that. Jen xx

Thank you, Jen. For most of my life I was far from popular, so your comment stopped me in my tracks. Not sure how to react to it other than to recognize it s a wonderful compliment that I truly appreciate. I think I’ve got to let the message sink in for awhile.

7. Russ ~ I love your page…just keep it coming when you can! And please know I’ve nominated you for the Blog of the Year Award 2012 ~ I think you are amazing! You can find it at http://misifusa.wordpress.com/2012/12/07/i-feel-the-love-blog-of-the-year-2012-award/
    Hugs to you!

Thank you for your kind comment, support, and for nominating this blog for such a wonderful award, Misifusa! I’m honored!

Congratulations for being a two-time winner of this wonderful award yourself, Misifusa!

I plan to visit all of the blogs you nominated and will probably begin following some of them. I recognise some on your list that I already follow, but greatly look forward to also checking out the rest.

I also use the re-blog feature to introduce my readers to many of my favorite blogs.

I find that these approaches to award nominations can help spread the love to many blogs and I feel it is in the spirit of the awards if not the letter of the laws (the growing lists of things that many awards request that bloggers do when nominated for them.)

I sincerely hope that my response is acceptable to you and others who kindly and thoughtfully have nominated me for various awards.

8. Linda Vernon says:

Oh boy do I hear you! I often feel guilty about this very same thing. I haven’t found a system so far, in fact, the whole process starts to feel like the Sorcerer’s Apprentice! I’ve adopted pretty much the same practice as you. Otherwise it’s just impossible.

Thank you for your comment, Linda. I’ve tried all kinds of things, and short of hoping for more hours in every day I’ve run out of ideas. It appears that I’m being rude and ignoring some wonderful people, yet I’ve had to draw a line in the sand and limit how much time each day I devote to communicating with readers lest the time involved consume every waking minute of every day–and I’ve chosen not to let that happen. While blogging is a wonderful experience for me, I also want and need a life away from my keyboard. I’m glad that so many people understand and forgive me for seemingly ignoring them when in fact I treasure their communications and support.

• Linda Vernon says:

“While blogging is a wonderful experience for me, I also want and need a life away from my keyboard.” — this is so true! I also have a time limit for how long I spend in front of my computer for writing and commenting.
        It will simply consume you’re entire life if you let it. And time flies by so fast while I’m writing and reading that it’s easy to let things get totally out of hand! 😀

9. thoughtsfromanamericanwoman says:

That was sweet of you to post that, and although I do miss your articles I (along with everyone else) know how life gets in the way. I will be here waiting patiently for your next blog, tea in hand as I relax and unwind from the day! 🙂 Blessings…Patty

Your comment brought a smile to my face and helped me to put things into perspective, Patty. The visual with you with tea in hand helped me to take a moment just to breathe and appreciate the situation and your kind comments. You reminded me just how very blessed I am to have readers such as you. Thank you!

10. A Dog With Fleas says:

I will always love your blog regardless!! It has hard to keep up with so many followers and comments. Just keep on doing what you are doing!

11. Andrea Kelly says:

I totally understand, Russ! And I am in the same boat actually. But don’t worry, I will always come back for more from the Grateful Man! 🙂 We understand and appreciate your presence regardless!