The Force Is With Him!

This is a photo of my grandson Thomas dressed as “Yoda” at 6 months old for his first Halloween. He loved putting his light saber into his mouth. The man holding him is his other grandfather. The smile you see on Thomas’ face is the way he is about 99% of the time. I’ve never seen such an always-happy child. That face and that smile and those twinkling eyes never fail to delight me. I’m grateful for such a wonderful and fun grandson.

I'm awed by the beauty of nature and the power of love and gratitude. Some of my favorite sensory experiences include waves crashing on rocky shores, waterways in ancient redwood and fern-filled forests, and rain. My wife and I have been married since 1979. We have 3 adult children and 5 grandchildren. I manage a wealth management firm that I founded in 2003. My Beloved is a Special Education teacher for Kindergartners and First Graders. I'm a published author of approximately 60 books in a variety of genres for grownups and children.
This entry was posted in Children, Family "Fun", Grandparenting & Grandkids, Photos That Touched Me and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to The Force Is With Him!

1. A Dog With Fleas says:

What an adorable picture!!

2. And he’s lucky to have a grandfather like you!

3. strokedtolife says:

He is such a cutie!!

4. manty67 says:

Lovely photo and special moment, to always have to look back on πŸ™‚ x

Thank you, Manty. I knew that I would love being a grandfather, but the reality has greatly exceeded my wildest hopes. I wear a permanent smile when I’m with him.

5. Dear Russ, you do know don’t you that when you put a photo of such sweetness you’ll be flooded with all sorts of cooing, chuckling and a host of other schmaltziness that are evoked?!!!! πŸ˜€ Thomas is a picture of perfect contentment and happiness! And I know you are just bursting with pride and love yourself! Blessings to your beautiful family! Sharon p.s I absolutely love the Yoda costume!

Dear Sharon. I know now! ;-D! Thank you for your kind comments.

Indeed I am. Thank you for your blessings. Please know that I wish the same for you and your family. I agree; Yoda was a good choice of costume.

6. mindfuldiary says:

Awww, he is just sooo cute! πŸ™‚ Original costume too. I bet he mealts many hearts with his smile?!