Perfect Moments

The longer I live
the more I become convinced
that I can either focus on
how imperfect life is
or on filling my life
with perfect moments.

Russ Towne

This entry was posted in Joy & Happiness, LIfe Lessons, Words or Quotes I Believe I Coined but please let me know if you heard them earlier elsewhere and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Perfect Moments

1. Rhonda says:

One word: P E R F E C T !!

2. billgncs says:

that is a great point Russ! I wish I knew it when I was young!

3. billgncs says:

congrats on 200 followers!

Thank you, Bill! I found out that I’d crossed that threshold by reading your comment! I appreciate that you brought it to my attention.

I didn’t even know that the stat was visibie to readers because I have to go down two levels/layers of screens to see it myself. It must be more visible to you than to me.

In any case, a hearty THANK YOU to my “hundreds” of followers! The word “hundreds” has a nice ring to it–much better than 199 doncha think? ;-D

While the above may sound arrogant, I say it as a joke, as I am truly humbled that with literally millions of things available to read on the internet–and many thousands of blogs on wordpress–that you all have chosen to read mine.

I’m grateful to you all.

4. jiltaroo says:

Obviously your cup is half full. The only way to be.

Thank you, my friend. To me it feels to me that my cup runneth over with blessings and that if I were to begin listing them one after the other I would die before completing the list, even if I were to die a very old man. People– such as you!–who take precious moments out of their lives to read my posts and comments are very much among my greatest blessings.

Russ.

5. mindfuldiary says:

Ahh, love this one Russ! Your attitude towards life shines through in every post. Perfect life is too overrated, don’t you think?

Thank you! I agree that perfect life is over-rated, but appreciating perfect moments–and creating and enjoying them–is wonderful! The best part is that so many perfect moments are all around us. Sunrises and sunsets. Flowers blooming. experiencing kindness. Smiles. Hugs. Twinkling eyes and stars. Ocean waves and beaches. Cloud formations. The swaying of trees in the wind. Parents caring for their babies. And so much more.

6. evazephyr says:

Hi Ross!

I like your thought. Perfectionists unite!

I know the tendency to focus on the imperfections in life, and to create even MORE imperfection by doing that. No good adding on to the pile of ugliness in this world by stewing about it.

Yes, filling life with perfect moments is a better way. And it takes a perfect attitude in the heart to WANT to do that. And once you have that perfect attitude, everything is different already, before you do ANYTHING. So, it seems to me like you’re on the right track with this poem, for sure.

Best wishes,