Made Me Smile and Remember

IMG_3408

I looked up from my desk a few minutes ago and saw Rusty Bear sharing his bench with a squirrel. The furry-tailed critter was in the same posture as his redwood friend, sitting and looking at me. By the time I grabbed my phone and put it into camera mode, he’d moved and was poised to leap from the bench. I got the shot just before he decided it was time to vamoose.

The scene made me feel like I was out in the country, and that reminded me of a song I wrote:

I wrote the lyric and Kevin Harris wrote and played the music, and sang the song.

May our song bring back beautiful memories of being out in nature for you.

This entry was posted in My Songs, Song Lyrics I've Written or Co-Written, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Made Me Smile and Remember

1. quiall says:

Video not available. Loved the picture!

Thank you for letting me know, Quiall. Weird. It worked for me when I tested it just now. In any case, here’s the URL:

Hopefully that will work for you. To hear my other songs you can type in “Russ Towne” in the Youtube search field.

2. ksbeth says:

that squirrel knew a friend when he saw one. beautiful song, too –

Thank you, Beth. In keeping with the nature theme, shortly after I sent this post I learned our family gathering is going to be at Big Basin Redwoods Park. We used to play there as kids. The tree trunks and stumps were so huge that we could hide inside them. They were like caves and forts. It was a terrific place to play Hide ‘n Seek. I look forward to our four-dy camping trip there.

That is so sweet, Nature loves each other. The links for the song don’t work, but I think because I am in a different country, I can check on youtube, that will work.

Thank you, Ute. As you said, hopefully you can find it (and my other songs) onYoutube by typing my name in the search field. If that doesn’t work for this song, please type in the performer’s name: Kevin Harris.