I was deeply touched by this powerful video despite having a pretty good idea what would happen.
We are like islands in the sea, separate on the surface but connected in the deep.
The things that make people interesting are their unique talents. Like someone whose guitar playing moves us, or someone whose storytelling captivates us, whose art transports us, whose passion inspires us to change the course we’re on.
Sadly some things that make us different also divide us, like the colour of our skin, our level of education, our societal status, our culture, our belief system. Different takes us out of our comfort zone, makes us feel vulnerable. The unknown is frightening.
So we vilify those who aren’t like us. ‘They’ are less civilized, less intelligent than us. We create rules and laws that hurt them. We find ways to protect ourselves from them while overlooking the injustices we impose upon them.
The above quote is a good metaphor to clearly illustrate how we are all connected. What…
View original post 44 more words
Yes indeed wow!
Thank you Russ! ♡
It’s truly my pleasure, Diana.
Bloody oath we may indeed
powerful is right, thanks for sharing this, russ –
Please have a look.
Thank you for the award, Manumausam. I’m honored. I don’t tend to participate in the receiving and giving of blogging awards anymore because there were so many different awards and they were so time-consuming that many or most of the bloggers I knew started calling their blogs “Award=Free” or said they no longer accept them. But in the spirit of your kind mention, I will offer seven things about myself:
1. I wrote a song about my dog Duke titled “My Old Friend.” You can find it on YouTube. Duke was great. He died of a brain tumor last year.
2. My favorite animals (besides dogs) are buffalo/bison.
3. My immediate family of five consists of people from different cultures on three continents.
4. I’ve written, co-written, compiled, and published nearly thirty books in the last four years.
5. I founded an investment/wealth management company in 2003 and continue to run it today.
6. I planted and care for a small redwood and fern grove on my property.
7. When I was in my late teens my lungs kept collapsing (one at a time) until I had surgeries on them.
Thanks for this kind gesture.☺