A Howlin’ Good Time

My parents live near a small town named Coulterville in California’s gold country in the foothills of Sierra Nevada. Once per year the town has a Coyote Festival. This year’s festival was yesterday.  It included Coyote Howling contests for all age groups, a parade, classic car show, pony rides, gold panning, exhibits, music, and lots more. My Beloved and I joined my parents in celebrating it. We had a howling’ good time.

The woman sitting tall in the red Caddy is my mom. She was representing The Ladybugs, a women’s organization in the area.

This entry was posted in Family Fun, Fun, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to A Howlin’ Good Time

A fun day it seems, thanks for the fun photos! Your mum enjoyed it very much I see 🙂

2. ksbeth says:

how fun! – my grandson’s favorite animal is the coyote, i’ll tell him about the festival. your mom sure has your spirit. )

Hi, Beth. If I’d have known that about your son I’d have gotten a t-shirt for him. It’s got a cute coyote howling into a microphone. My mom is an extravert who my dad says without exaggeration could make friends with a fence post. I’m blessed that they are both alive and reasonably healthy for their advancing ages. They have fun and are active in the community and social groups. I believe that helps them thrive.

3. How fun!!!!! Local flavor at it’s best!

I’ve spent nearly my whole life in urban and suburban areas so it is extra-special to me to experience small-town America. The differences are amazing. For example, the prices of most of the things we saw there from food at vendors booths and in restaurants to products being sold in exhibitors’ booths were typically 50-75% cheaper than they would have been where My Beloved and I live (and we only live about 3.5 hours drive away.) It’s a different world, and one I like.

4. Claire @ bletheringbylinley says:

I can’t think of anything cooler than a Coyote Festival!!

It was fun to see pretty much the whole town turn out to contribute and celebrate. In addition to being a great community celebration, it’s also a fundraiser for their historical museum at which my parents are docents.

5. Looks like a fun day out