Grumpadinkles or Grrumpadinkles?

Grumpadinkles-Page15 Grumpadinkles-Page19-Rev1 Grumpadinkles-Page20-Sample Grumpadinkles-Page27-Rev1 Grumpadinkles-Page24-Rev1

My book The Grumpadinkles remains on schedule to be released this month. A few minutes ago I received a message where someone had accidentally spelled Grumpadinkles with two “r’s.” At first I laughed because they are supposed to be grumpy and the story is about a puppy who turns their house, lives, and frowns upside down. Some people and most dogs make the GRR sound when angry. Then it occurred to me, perhaps the title should be changed to “The  Grrumpadinkles.”

What do you think? Is that too much/over the top? Or does it enhance the book? Please let me know.

Here is an excerpt from the story:

They clattered and shattered all over the floor.

He pulled milk and eggs from a fridge door

and two dozen spoons from a big drawer.

It all mixed together in a mess on the floor!

There were so many messes.

There were messes galore!

Too many messes for them to ignore.

Grumbly tried to grab him but missed him instead.

He slipped on some water and fell on his head.

While he lay quite dazed on the floor,

with a bumped head that was really sore,

the pup dumped white flour on the clothes Grumbly wore!

(C) Copyright 2015 Russ Towne

All Rights Reserved

Written by Russ Towne

Illustrated by Christina Cartwright

This entry was posted in My Written Works Misc., Writing, Writing Project Updates and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Grumpadinkles or Grrumpadinkles?

1. willowdot21 says:

Oh! it looks so beautifulxx

2. Joan says:

Not sure- I saw grr and first thought typo- then thought surly- up to you

3. ksbeth says:

i still would go with one, even though the grrrr makes sense, but people may mistake it for an error at first as what happened with joan –

4. quiall says:

I like the extra r but I agree with ksbeth. Perhaps 3? Grrrumpadinkles? You have to continue to use it all the way through.

5. Annette Rochelle Aben says:

I love the idea of the growly feel of the extra Rs. However many you choose, I am thinking that I too, like the 3 Rs. How exciting.

6. Val Boyko says:

Without the extra rr is easier to rrread!

7. I like the extra “r” (the more the merrrrrrrier) and this excerpt has me hooked. Christina Cartwright’s illustrations are perrrrrrrfect! Very nice! Clare

8. I like one “r” Russ. But like the meaning you have with 2 “r”s. 🙂 But one looks good.

Thank you, Colleen. It appears that is the majority opinion and who am I to disagree with such a fine group of people? (Actually the people in the minority camp are an equally fine group of people. There are just fewer of them who like two or more “r’s” in the title.)

I like one really… or then three but not 2…rrreally 🙂

10. When I thought about it, it would have to be emphasized the ‘grr’ part … I think simple is best ‘one’ r… I know you have a variety of opinions though… Diane

11. Wonderful illustrations and text!