You’re a Beautiful Memory

In the deepest

Depths of despair

When ugly

Seems everywhere

To transform apathy

To help my eyes to see

That shines through darkest days

To help me find my way

Of the warmest kind

Helps to ease

My troubled mind

Frees my soul

From tyranny

Your memory brings

Such gifts to me

I rely upon

Long after

You’ve gone

–Russ Towne

This entry was posted in Loneliness, Loss, Love, Poetry, Poetry I Wrote and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to You’re a Beautiful Memory

1. Touching. Pulls at my heartstrings. ❤

2. stupidandinlove says:

Reblogged this on stupidandinlove.

3. Reblogged this on By the Mighty Mumford and commented:

4. See my poem “HEART THROB.” I do understand. 🙂

5. ksbeth says:

what a beautiful poem, russ. what a lovely way to remember someone in a positive way. )

6. How amazing that we can leave such imprints on others. And others do the same for us.

7. Mrs. P says:

I really liked this one, Russ.

8. This is beautiful Russ. Is it in memory of your parent(s)? ❤
    Diana xo

Thank you, Diana. Actually it’s about no one in particular but all my loved ones in general. I intentionally left it unspecific so readers could envision whatever came to their mind.

9. Bloody great and so touching

10. bulldog says:

This is a great poem Russ… not sure what made it happen, but beautiful

So beautiful! Russ, you are at your best!

12. Heatherlee says:

I love this poem. It has a ‘grateful’ feel to it. Reminds me of our last meeting. So good to see you, a friend from so long ago.