A Glorious Idea: Inglorious Fruits and Vegetables

One supermarket chain proves how easy it is to change the perceptions and actions of people where everyone involved wins:

This entry was posted in Breakthroughs, Change, Creativity, Health, Ingenuity, Inspiring, LIfe Lessons, Making the World a Better Place, Stories That Touched Me and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to A Glorious Idea: Inglorious Fruits and Vegetables

I have seen it in a different country on facebook and i think it is fantastic. I would buy it !

2. Mrs. P says:

Reblogged this on Destination Unknown and commented:
    France leads the way…go France…who’s next?

I’ve heard that the former CEO of Trader Joe’s has also created innovative ways to use much of the waste that comes from the public’s misunderstanding of food expiration dates. these stories are encouraging.

3. Jim in IA says:

Good for them. I forwarded the video link to the corporate headquarters of our chain store in IA.

Great idea! Thank you for reading this post and for spreading the word about this concept.

• Jim in IA says:

The customer service rep replied right away. They pointed out how many millions of pounds of produce and other products with short shelf lives get donated to the local pantries and free lunch programs in our community. We see their generosity when we volunteer. Our local group is http://www.table2table.org/

Thank you for the additional info, Jim. That is an excellent point and terrific use of food that would otherwise be wasted. I suspect that these two ideas used in tandem could eliminate nearly all of the remaining waste.