A Wish For You

I’m sometimes such a slow learner in life that the lessons I’m here to be taught must be given to me over and over again. As a result they can be bitter and harsh.

May you be so loving and wise that life’s lessons need only be sweet and gentle reminders.

This entry was posted in Blessings, LIfe Lessons, Observations, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to A Wish For You

1. Val Boyko says:

I believe there is no such thing as a slow learner.
    It is the nature of how we learn life’s lessons….
    Sweet and gentle reminders can only remind us of what we already know.
    The tough ones lead to new awareness and real growth.
    Hugs
    Val x

Thank you for your kind, uh, reminders, Val! I believe you are to a large degree correct, and that there is a lot of gray area in-between. Some of us struggle with the lessons in the gray area more than others. ;-D!

2. I can relate to being a slow learner of life’s lessons. Wishing you all the best always, Russ.

Russ, I am rather slow too, and I have made many mistakes too…. but hey we do learn in the end! Everyone does!

4. Mrs. P says:

My experience with learning rate is that each one of us learns different things at different rates. There may be some subjects or thought processes which are almost intuitive, others acquired within average times and even some that seem near impossible to get…as if we were dense on the subject.

I am sure there are many things that you have learned quite rapidly…things I may or may not have learned myself. I found that being willing to experience anything helps curb the crushing blows or huge errors in judgement or estimation that tend to happen from time to time as one goes about the business of living life….and I like what you said once before…plot twist!

I think you nailed it, Mrs. P. We all have topics we learn quickly, and subjects that seem to take forever to get. I sometimes feel like a fish who is trying to learn how to climb a tree, while learning other subjects feels as easy as jumping two inch hurdles.

• Mrs. P says:

Then my wish for you is that there are very few trees that you need to climb or that if you’ve got to be a fish you at least learn how to fly! 😉

5. Learning it the hard way indeed had squeezed the happiness out of me once… 🙂

I’ll bet it’s a lesson you never forget! Based on your use of past-tense, you are happy again. May lasting joy remain yours throughout the rest of your life.

6. Those lessons I’m slow to learn present themselves over and over and over again until I finally get it. When I find circumstances repeating themselves like that, in spite of the fact that I become annoyed, I am motivated to figure it out so that I can be done with it. 😉 I feel for ya Russ!
    Diana xo

7. If you want to see a slow learner meet my sister…….Sue

8. bulldog says:

I like this… words of wisdom…

9. What a sweet, gentle, and compassionate wish, Russ.