Love and Grace

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.” – Henry Van Dyke

Grace is the ability to be quiet instead of reacting with our first selfish thought. To choose light over dark. To edify rather than criticize. To let others do what they do and not let it sway your resolve. To let go of the need to be right. It’s a real change of heart that allows us to choose compassion, empathy and love when it’s counterintuitive. It’s aligning our thoughts and heart with our actions. And in order to do all of this, we need the gift of grace and the peace that passes all understanding to intervene to make the seemingly impossible, possible. – http://Cast-Light.com

I just discovered and began following a blog called Cast Light at http://Cast-Light.com . Both of the above items came from it. The quotes and site resonated with me and I wanted to share them with you.

This entry was posted in Grace, Love, Quotes I Love and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Love and Grace

1. willowdot21 says:

Thank you for sharing! 🙂 🙂

2. Val Boyko says:

I agree Russ – this is a wonderfully inspiring description of grace from Cast Light!
    Shine on. Val x

3. Love it Russ, thanks for sharing these words of wisdom!
    Diana xo

4. I wish I had read this 2 hours earlier. I could have used this as a good reminder.

5. Ann Koplow says:

As always, thanks for your love and grace, Russ.

6. jiltaroo says:

I love this…similar thoughts to Le desiderata which a lovely reader recently brought my attention to. Jen

7. russtowne says:

Hi, Jen. It is so good to hear from you! The creation you mention is also wonderful. I kept it on my desk under a clear desk protector for years, rotating it along with others when I’ve seen it so often it becomes invisible and no longer is as potent in my daily life. Eventually it will once again replace others for which the same occurs.

8. jolynproject says:

Great stuff! I am going to have to definitely check out this site. Thanks for sharing as always!

That is a lovely blog you introduce us to, I am a new follower there. Thanks so much.