Paradise

Me at PG photoAbout a week ago we once again stayed in our favorite bed and breakfast in one of our favorite places on the planet, Pacific Grove, California. The Monterey Bay is just across a small two-lane road from our bedroom.

From our bed we experience the salty scent of the crisp clean air, feel the cool breeze, hear and see powerful waves crashing against picturesque rocks in their ancient and unique dance of power and patience against strength and endurance to a rhythm created far away yet still heard and followed by the sea, the beautiful colors created in the water as pelicans and gulls fly by. We are serenaded by sea lions, and often see harbor(?) seals or sea lions swimming, eating or simply sunning themselves on the rocks.

It is in this place that I just completed the finishing touches of my latest book, “Reflections of a Grateful Man”.

This paradise brings so much joy to our lives that it seemed fitting to finish the book and to have the “author’s photo” for it taken there. My Beloved snapped this shot in front of the B&B.

This entry was posted in Beauty, Nature, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Paradise

Looks magnificent…

2. Cathy Ulrich says:

So that’s what you look like, Russ! Great photo!

3. Love the blue water it looks so peaceful and calm

Indeed paradise, looks great , so do you!

5. Mrs. P says:

Perfect photo for your book!

6. Sounds like a wonderful and beautiful place of solace to unwind and reflect… Diane

7. bulldog says:

Great photo Russ… it should go down well on the book.. a radiant smile…

8. Ann Koplow says:

Thank you for sharing your paradise with us, Russ. And that’s a wonderful photo.

9. What a wonderful ‘author’s photo’ Russ! An excellent smile for your book sleeve đŸ™‚

10. scenery is everything and mood is everything when writing a book… Btw, who’s the handsome guy?

Your kind comment brought a big smile to my face. I promised myself a while ago that I would accept all compliments without making comments that would diminish the compliment or myself. So, thank you, Shian!