Surprises Regarding My Non-Fiction Book Writing Project

My non-fiction book-writing project is coming together very well. Actually, more precisely, it is splitting apart.

Over time, it has become increasingly clear that the topics seem to be divided into two primary categories: Relationships and Life. I have so much material regarding each, and the tone and energy of each is such that I’m probably going to turn them into two books.

The one on relationships will be called, “From the Heart of a Grateful Man”, and the one on my reflections on life will likely be called “Reflections of a Grateful Man”.

At this point, I hope to have rough drafts of both completed before 6am my time on Sunday. I then plan to send them to my content editor, then to my book layout and cover design specialist along with a bunch of hand-drawn black-and- white sketches from my illustrator.

I’m also in the process of selecting photos for the book covers from two nature photographers who are good friends.

I’m loving the process.

This entry was posted in Following Your Passion, Heart, Joy & Happiness, Life, Love, Marriage, My Written Works Misc., Non-Fiction Writing I've Done, Relationship Lessons Learned, Story Writing Adventures, Uncategorized, Writing and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Surprises Regarding My Non-Fiction Book Writing Project

1. Mrs. P says:

Go RUSS!!!!

2. russtowne says:

Thank you, Mrs. P. I appreciate your rooting for me!

I am thrilled that you’re loving this process and can’t wait for the the fantastic result!!

4. Wow, that is what I call fast work.

5. Joan says:

your creativity inspires me

6. You have been busy busy busy! After you get this straightened around maybe you should take some ‘me and beloved’ time… lol You probably already do though! It was just a thought… Diane

Thank you for “having my back” Diane. You’re a good friend. As it just so happens, that is exactly what we have in mind. We’ll soon be going to our favorite Bed and Breakfast (the one I mentioned when we stayed there in February and posted the photos where we can hear the waves crash near us, smell the clean ocean air, and enjoy the beautify scenery all right from our bed).

7. Woo Hoo! You inspire me Russ! ♥

8. Wow you’re amazing! Are you self-publishing all your books?

9. russtowne says:

Thank you, Diana. Yes. A publisher with a large check made out to me could possibly get me to change my mind however I like to think I’m open-minded and flexible that way. ;-D!

You are well on the way…I shall send you an email tonight. 🙂

11. Patty B says:

Great job – I am having trouble with one!! How do you stay motivated with so many other daily responsibilities? Keep up the great job.