They Are Not Gone

992929_10151728978723185_1003092275_n (Source: “Rumi’s photo” as seen on FB).

“Death has nothing to do with going away. The sun sets. The moon sets. But they are not gone.” -Rumi

This entry was posted in Quotes I Love and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to They Are Not Gone

1. I like this death is not the end it is just the start of something else

Sorry, my friend. It is a bit confusing, partly because it is an imperfect comparison. The sun and moon become no longer visible at the end of their cycles, but just because we can’t see them doesn’t mean they are no longer in the universe. I view death in a similar way. Just because I can’t see a departed one doesn’t mean that their spirit has ceased to exist.

Thank you for this today! We have Father’s day today here in Britain and it is the first one for me not sending a card, but love to heaven. My beloved father is always still with me! He will never be gone from my heart!

Thank you for letting me know, Ute. I’m glad that the timing was right and it helped you. I’m sorry for the loss of your father.

I’m glad that he was the kind of man who was worthy of your love. You are a wonderful legacy that he left for the world.

• utesmile says:

You know what…. I am so confused… it is apparently next week, never mind, as you know how I feel about my dad, it does not matter which day really.
        Thank you for your lovely words, and my love is always there!

3. Patty B says:

Thank you – your quote gave me comfort as I remember my DH (dear husband) will never be far apart from me.

I’m glad that it brought comfort to you, Patty. It makes me feel good that the post was useful to you. Thank you for taking the time to let me know.

4. energy never dies–it transmutes to another form. 🙂