An Update from Shangri-La

Dear friends:

We are on a semi-vacation (We work until the U.S. markets close, and then we go do a lot of fun things from 1pm Pacific/West Coast time until we drop–which has been about 9pm lately!) for part of this week. So you may see another re-post or two before I return. We’re staying at a gorgeous Victorian bed and breakfast in Pacific Grove and can hear see and hear the ocean’s waves crashing all night. We love it!

Right now the morning sunlight is turning the waves into liquid gold as they hit beautiful rugged and jagged rock formations and break into white sprays that shoot 15 to 20 fee into the air. Carmel by the Sea, Point Lobos, Monterey, Big Sur, and more are all nearby. We are are truly blessed in our favorite local place (or anywhere for that matter) and are very happy.

Love,

This entry was posted in Fun and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to An Update from Shangri-La

1. reikiheidi says:

Glad to hear you’re having a great time, Russ, hope you enjoy the rest of your semi-vacation πŸ™‚

Thank you, Heidi. It rained yesterday. We love the rain. We were in an antique store yesterday afternoon and the rain pounded so hard on the roof that My Beloved and I had grins and smiles on our faces the whole time.

Today, is a bright sunny day. The golden waves of the early morning have transformed into various shades of tourquoise, beautiful hues of blue and blue-green. Sea otters and seals play in the surf, sometimes only a dozen feet from shore. Pelicans and sea gulls glide overhead, seeming without a care in the world.

If my life ended right now, I’d die a very happy man.

2. bulldog says:

Enjoy yourself… Russ

3. sounds great! Jim and I vacation up thattaway plenty! Hope you go to Camarillo, and stroll along Moonstone…:)

Is Camarillo south of Big Sur? That has tended to be about as far south as we go when staying in P.G. I don’t recall seeing Camarillo or Moonstone yet, but you’ve given a couple of ideas to me to check out for this trip or a later one. Thank you, Charron!

• oh Russ—I am sorry–I got my “Cams” mixed up. I meant: Cambria–Camarillo is down thissaway.

And then Moonstone Drive is its coastal route–Like Dolliver in Pismo…

I bet you have been here!

Oh, yes, Cambria! We like that little town and have visted a number of times. I thought Camarillo was in SoCal but have sometimes missed places of beauty closer to home, so thought I’d check. Thank you for the clarification, Charron.

4. jacallaghanjr@optonline.net says:

thanks, for the picture postcard- Joan

Enjoy every moment!

6. gita4elamats says:

Sounds wonderful! πŸ˜€

7. Good to hear you are having fun…………

8. Oh thank goodness – I was literally coming to your blog as I noticed you’d been quiet. I was hoping all was okay πŸ™‚

9. russtowne says:

Everything was great. Thank you for your concern, Meg. Now we’re home. The posts should start up soon.