No Need For a Key

I just saw a saying at Ute’s delightful blog at http://utesmile.wordpress.com/2013/01/13/what-is-happiness/comment-page-1/#comment-2353 that I really love:

“There is no key to happiness. The door is always open.”

Thank you for sharing this great quote, Ute. So much truth and wisdom in so few words. When I read it, this poem began to come to me:

No Need For a Key

I searched for the key to happiness
Sought joy from far and wide
Looked everywhere I could think of
But I never looked inside

And then one day it came to me
When I stopped to take a rest
How much time I had wasted
In my search for happiness

I knew then that I’d been wrong
In that which I had supposed
For all the time I’d sought the key
The door had never been closed!

–Russ Towne

This entry was posted in Choices, Joy & Happiness, Poetry I Wrote, Quotes I Love and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to No Need For a Key

This is a wonderful poem, absolutely perfect, great my blog inspired you to write this. I am so happy! Can I ask you : can I post this poem on the Letsbepositivetogether site , where I am an admin? Please??? I will put the link to your blog on it!
    This is the link to the site I would like it on.: http://www.facebook.com/letsbepositivetogether
    have a look if you allow me?????

Hi, Ute. To be asked to have anything I write be included among the great quotes and other work I see on letsbepositivetogether is great praise indeed. I am deeply honored by your request and happily accept your offer. Since I know that you will not use my work in any commercial way without my prior specific approval in each case, and that you will always attribute my work to me, you are welcome to share my work anywhere you like, Ute.
      Kind regards,

• utesmile says:

Thank you so much Russ. I appreciate it, I will of course not use it commercially and just want to make more people happy. It is such a beautiful poem, and I hope it will nudge and make other people think on the quest for happiness.
        You are a star Russ.
        Hug Ute x

2. jolynproject says:

Great reminder on the origin of happiness. Thanks for sharing this poem! 🙂

3. beeseeker says:

Ain’t that the truth ?
    Really apprecaite this reminder, but also thanks for dropping in on my “beeseeker” blog.

4. mindfuldiary says:

You’re so good with words Russ! Nice one!