“My Old Friend”

[audio href=’https://russtowne.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/my-old-friend-final-mix.mp3′>My Old Friend-Final Mix<a

I mentioned earlier that I was going to more consistently write songs from my heart instead of focusing on a market or industry norms. "My Old Friend" is from my heart, and is my tribute to the special bond that many people have with their dogs, and to the bond shared by my old friend Duke and I.

I wrote the lyric. Kevin Harris created and played the music and was the vocalist.

I hope it resonates with you. The link at the beginning of this post will hopefully take you to the song if I set it up correctly.

This entry was posted in Dogs & Other Wonderful Creatures, Love, Song Lyrics I've Written or Co-Written, Song Updates, Songs I've Written or Co-Written, Songwriting Adventure, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to “My Old Friend”

1. A Dog With Fleas says:

I LOVED this. It was so beautiful! Thanks for sharing and good luck with this. I can see this being a huge hit!!

2. Andrea Kelly says:

This is a beautiful song, Russ! It brought tears to my eyes and sent me over to cuddle the cats. You’ve captured the friendship of a pet wonderfully. Thank you for sharing your song writing gift with us!
    Andrea

3. Cathy Ulrich says:

Russ,
    It is so wonderful. There’s so much love in this piece. I feel so blessed to be able hear these beautiful songs. Thank you.

Cathy

I have played this more times than I care to admit..It’s loving and true and touches the heart deeply in the way that only beautiful music can..

5. Professions for PEACE says:

I love this song! Thank you so much for sharing it, and warming the hearts of dog-lovers far and wide. You have put into words (and beautiful music) the truths of our love for our canine companions, and their devotion to us. Beautifully done! Gina

6. russtowne says:

Reblogged this on A Grateful Man and commented:

I have been ill with the flu or food poisoning. My Beloved took great care of me, and my dog Duke stayed and laid by my side. His devoton reminded me of a song I’d written to honor him and all humans and dogs who share a bond of love.
    With love,

7. Judy says:

Beautiful Russ. I do hope you are feeling much better now. Have a wonderful Christmas and a safe and happy New Year. 🙂