My First Songwriting Contract!

Remember when I mentioned that my song co-written with Denis Loiseau “No More Secrets/No More Lies” was recently picked up by a couple of music industry execs?

Last night I received and today I agreed to a contract from one of those execs in Hollywood giving him the right to pitch it to a music-based TV show and outlining what percentages of the license fee each party would receive if the show uses the song. Please note the word “IF” in my last sentence. Small word, big impact.

Each step is a long-shot and there are more steps to go, but it is an important next step and I am excited.

I appreciate all of you who take the time to listen to my songs. That means a LOT to me because a song is dead until listeners bring it to life.

This entry was posted in Creativity, Dreams, Song Updates, Songwriting Adventure, Songwriting Conferences & Trip Updates and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to My First Songwriting Contract!

1. boomiebol says:

Congratulations!!! Exciting news even with the if :).

2. mindfuldiary says:

Congrats Russ, well deserved! Even if there is IF… you’re just talented! Btw, “What kind of man does that” is stuck in my head….was singing it in my head, while doing the dishes today ;D

3. Cathy Ulrich says:

Very cool, Russ! The next step!

4. Keeping my fingers crossed, heck keeping my eyes crossed! Go get ’em!

5. Well done, amazing stuff.

6. So happy for you…Diane

7. billgncs says:

great news, interesting how “luck” favors those who prepare. Wishing you more good “luck”

8. Andrea Kelly says:

Congratulations and Good Luck! 🙂

9. Rhonda says:

…../ )
    …..’ /
    —‘ (_____
    ……… ((__)
    ….. _ ((___)
    ……. -‘((__)
    –.___((_)

pulling for ya!

10. thoughtsfromanamericanwoman says:

WOO HOO!

11. JanBeek says:

I am so pleased for you, Russ. Even if the IF doesn’t end up coming to fruition THIS time, keep singing, keep writing, keep trusting. There always is a next time. It’s all in God’s hands – and in your wonderful shared gifts. Thank you for sharing with us!

Thank you, Jan. I’m not worried, and sometimes even forget all about it for a day at a time. I have a lot of wonderful things going on in my life, and while having a song on a TV show would be pretty cool, it certainly doesn’t come close to making it onto my onto my “Needs” list. I’ve already got everything I need plus a whole lot of additional blessings. If it happens, great! If it doesn’t happen, that’s great too. Given my druthers, and if I could only have one of them, I’d MUCH rather have the “You Are A Star” project to lift the spirits of seriously ill or injured young children and their families be successful than have my songs placed in TV shows or films. I would get a MUCH bigger feeling of satisfaction helping kids. I’m not saying I wouldn’t be happy to hear one of my songs was placed in a show, just that I will be happy and view myself as successful whether or not that ever occurs.