“It Was A Love Thing”

Here is a great example of kindness being love in action:

Teacher Danielle Caroll lost her ring but was pretty sure she knew which garbage truck it was in. She left a note on the truck about it and to her amazement, an employee of the NYC Parks Department named Gary Gaddist looked through tons of garbage and found her ring. He said he did it because he could see the couple were in love.

He added, “It was a love thing.”

It was a love thing. Yup. Kindness pretty much always is.

This entry was posted in Kindness, Love, Vids & Stories That Touched Me and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to “It Was A Love Thing”

1. manty67 says:

What a lovely story – so heart warming x

2. russtowne says:

Thank you, Manty. I belieive that everyday heroes do such things all over the world. It is nice when the press notices and writes about some of them.

Russ,

3. What a man! I’m thinking he’d be invited to Sunday dinners from that day forward. đŸ™‚

4. Andrea Kelly says:

What a lovely story!!

5. That is ‘beyond’ kindness for sure…Diane

My view of kindness is that there are many shades of it, much as there are many shades of a color such as blue. The man in the story did a brilliant, vibrant act of kindness. Some acts of kindness can save many lives. Others may brighten a day for someone. To me, all acts of kindness are wonderful acts of love. Like a butterfly flapping its wings halfway around the globe might start a chain reaction that leads to a storm on the other side of the planet, I believe that acts of kindness creates a wave–perhaps only tiny at first–that through the rippling and compounding effects can lead to amazingly powerful positive changes throughout the world.

6. JanBeek says:

That man deserves a special award of some kind. I hope the couple reward him somehow. What a very kind, over-the-top, thing for him to do. I can just imagine how elated he must have been when he found it!

I agree, Jan. He got his reward when he found the ring and was able to hand it to the couple and see the looks on their faces. That memory is a reward that will last a ifetime.

And, I wouldn’t be surprised if the couple did something nice for him too. If I was the reporter on that story, I’d check to see if they did. If they had, I’d write a follow-up story sharing how one kindness led to another.

7. shianwrites says:

This man has a kind spirit.

8. I believe that in this world there are so many unwritten wonderful good deeds that only one or two people know about. When there is no other motive than being kind, loving and caring…makes the spiritual growth of the giver and receiver so much more than words can ever say. Thank you for sharing this today, Russ.

9. thoughtsfromanamericanwoman says:

What a nice story to end my day! So refreshing to read about something good instead of all the negativity that is in the news. Thanks for sharing – it did my heart good to read it. Blessings!