Clever Message of Love

This is love. I just saw a photo of an elderly couple wearing baseball jerseys and standing together at a baseball game. The woman was on the left. On the back of her jersey, was the word “Together” and beneath it the number 19. On her right her husband’s jersey had the word “Since” and beneath it the number 61.

“Together since 1961.”

I love it!

Compared to that couple, Beloved and I are newlyweds! Our jerseys would read, “Together since 1979”.

This entry was posted in Love and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Clever Message of Love

1. boomiebol says:

Too cute…if you are newly weds…we are infants lol. 2005

We are coming up on 20…and the word ‘love’ doesn’t seem big enough to cover it..:-)

Congratulations, Mimi! I agree. The word love is not nearly big enough to come even close to describing the experiences that have been Beloved’s and my relationship over the decades.

Like the years, most of the words I think of about our marriage are positive and happy ones, but since our marriage and our lives individually and together also experienced rough and sometimes downright excruciatingly tough or frightful times, many of the words that are coming to mind at the moment would probably surprise readers who haven’t been in a long-term committed relationship.

3. My parents have been married since 1960 but together a few years longer then that not sure how long I think they got together way back in 1958……..hubby and I have only been together since 1983……….

From my perspective, when it comes to marriage, any couple who has stayed since 1983 doesn’t need to use the word “only” when they say how long they’ve been married! Thats like saying The Empire State Building is only a building or the Hoover Dam is only a dam! Congratulations on hanging in there with and for each other for NEARLY THREE DECADES!

4. JanBeek says:

Yup, that’s us, Russ – 1961. We celebrated our 50th last February 11th. We are NOT an “elderly couple” however. That doesn’t happen until after they’ve been married 65 or 75 years. For now, we’re still “in our prime!” You are, too. Keep that in mind!!

5. alyssa says:

These are my Grandparents, they actually had these jerseys made for their 50th anniversary & trip to Toronto.